Friday, January 16, 2015

Vampire Swap 2014 Has Arrived!


My swap package came earlier this week!

My partner sent me some pretty great stuff!
Fiber first!

The cowl is super soft and cozy, I'm not sure what yarn it's made from though - it's a single ply super yummy yarn at any rate!
This yarn has sadly been discontinued, so I'll need to find the perfect project for it.  This is Merino Fine (100% Merino Wool) in colourway Hopeless Romantic by Kitchen Sink Dyeworks.
The label says it won't pool or stripe, so I'm rather intrigued as to how it will knit up.  The skein is only 390 yards in fingering/sock weight, so finding the perfect project may be a bit challenging, I may end up pairing it with a solid colour for a small shawl, or a pair of socks... Though a Voodoo would be interesting! (More on the voodoo in an upcoming post!)

Books:
Knitted Lace is a great little book full of great patterns such as Wakame Lace Tunic, Bettie’s Lace Stockings, Luminarie Skirt, and Oriel Lace Blouse to name a few!

The Passage is a supernatural type book (she stalked me well!), the first of a three part series.  I'm sure I'll love this one once I get a chance to sink my teeth into it!

Related to vampires and bats:

Some bottle labels, a pack of 8 - I'll definitely make use of these, they're rather amusing! This adorable little bat is super soft and I think will be keeping me company in my knitting nook, that or in my bedroom.

Scented:
Some lovely soaps from Wolfe Farms. The Love Bites is fresh orange and lime blended with berry and cherry.  I'm not actually sure what the other two are - I've kept the package mostly in its box until I can put everything away, so the smells kind of blended together!  The Hexies are filled with lavender, and go in your knitting project bags!  I must say, these I can smell without any issue from the soap, and they smell amazing.  As I pull out my wips over the next few days, whichever the first 3 I work on will have these in them!

Extra Goodies:
A great card, I love the design.  An adorable Lion measuring tape and some super yummy chocolates!

I'm in the midst of another swap, so I'll post about that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment